Guidelines for the containment of Covid-19 in workshops
In collaboration with the Technical Commission of Federpneus
Pneurama's editorial staff, in accordance with the provisions made in the "Agreed protocol for the regulation of measures to combat and contain the spread of the Covid-19 virus in the workplace" dated March 14, 2020 and subsequent amendments and additions, as well as any applicable national or local ordinance, offers its readers an in-depth analysis, in collaboration with the Federpneus Technical Commission, of the operational measures to be taken to enhance health prevention practices in workshop activities.
Activities requiring reservation
It is strongly recommended to carry out any activity of assistance and replacement only upon reservation, in order to avoid the presence of more people in the points of sale and/or workshop (except for emergencies and external assistance).
Personnel body temperature detection
In order to protect the health of all workers, the advice is to carry out daily measurement of the body temperature of all employees upon arrival. It will be possible to record all relevant cases in compliance with privacy regulations by affixing a special information notice on data processing in the company. Measuring the temperature at the entrance to the company’s premises must be subject to the requirements contained in the agreement signed by the Government and social partner organizations on March 14, 2020. In particular, it is mandatory to submit appropriate information on data processing, comply with the principle of minimization and confidentiality by using dedicated premises and identify in advance, by appointment, the personnel authorized to manage such data. Recording (in the sense of saving information in a logbook) body temperatures is only permitted if necessary to justify the prohibition of accessing the company’s premises. The protocol provides, in the presence of fever (over 37.5 degrees), the prohibition to enter or remain in the company’s premises and the obligation, even after entry, where dangerous conditions exist, to declare them promptly: flu symptoms, high temperature, coming from risk areas or contact with Covid-19-positive people in the previous 14 days, etc.; also the obligation to remain at home in case of flu symptoms and to call the family doctor and health authorities.
Tire maintenance – light transport vehicles
1. It is advisable for the client to arrive at the workshop wearing a mask and light gloves: if lacking these items upon arrival, they will be provided free of charge by the company.
2. Upon the client’s arrival at the workshop, the operator in charge of the reception may request the signature of a self-declaration in which the client certifies that he is not subject to quarantine or that he has not been tested positive for Covid-19, and that he has not violated any further restrictions imposed by Regional authorities.
3. The delivery of the vehicles will be managed by the person in charge of the point of sale, or the operator in charge.
4. It is advisable to ensure that the delivery of vehicles always takes place outside the point of sale / workshop.
5. The client shall approach the reception listing the problems of the vehicle and any additional needs, always wearing a mask and light gloves. If possible, a floor strip should be used to delimit the reception access area so that the client is at least one metre away from the operator. Alternatively or in addition, plexiglass barriers to protect the workstation are highly recommended.
6. No customer will have access to the working areas.
7. The customer will stay in a dedicated waiting room/area avoiding contacts with other people present in the same structure; for this purpose, the company will take care of positioning the chairs in the waiting areas guaranteeing an adequate distance. Only one person shall enter the waiting room at a time; other customers must wait for their turn outside, and a sign should warn them to keep a distance of at least one metre.
8. The vehicles will be fetched by a single employee already equipped with COVID-19 protective equipment (masks and light gloves) who will cover the driver’s seat with a suitable seat cover.
9. The operator who receives the vehicle will be the same charged with operating on it inside the facility completing the work requested by the customer and returning the vehicle itself after signing the work order / worksheet to the same customer.
10. The toilets are for the exclusive use of the company, and cannot be used by outsiders, unless a bathroom dedicated to outsiders is prepared which, in any case, must be cleaned daily.
Additional requirements for commercial vehicles:
1. Upon arrival at the workshop, the truck driver should remain in the vehicle in order to avoid direct contact with the company staff. The shop/workshop operator will contact the driver keeping a suitable distance (and wearing COVID -19 protective equipment).
2. Any movement of the vehicle inside the workshop will always be carried out by the same driver.
3. The driver may leave the cab and wait wearing a mask in an area provided by the company, avoiding unnecessary contact with other people.
4. At the end of the work, the operator will provide the job card to be signed by the driver, positioning it at a suitable distance and collecting it later.
5. All talks between the operator and the driver must be done keeping a safety distance (about 1,5mt) always with masks worn by both parties.